Zensah Compression Leg Sleeves – Helps Shin Splints, Leg Sleeves for Running
Please choose from the options above to see price and availability.
What makes Zensah Compression Leg Sleeves Unique?
While other compression leg sleeves feature flat fabric that provide only compression, Zensah’s Compression Leg Sleeves feature chevron ribbing on the front of the leg sleeves (v-shaped pattern). This provides direct support to the shin area, similar to the way athletic tape would provide shin splint relief. The leg sleeves also feature micro-ribbing the back of the leg sleeves to provide direct calf support to reduce cramping and fatigue.
Innovative training gear maker Zensah has developed a series of high-performance compression clothing using a proprietary knitting process and materials. The company's leg sleeves are stitched using Pin-Point Compression, gradient pressure developed by a professional athletic trainer that uses wide ribbing in the front for optimal shin support, and snug ribbing in the back for calf support. Silver ions in the unique Zensah Fabric helps regulate skin temperature and fight bacteria to keep your sleeves fresh. Particularly useful for runners, cyclists, and triathletes, these compression sleeves increase blood flow to the muscles of the lower leg, circulating oxygen into your muscles in order to reduce fatigue during, and speed recovery following, your workouts.
- XS/S: Calf size (circumference) 9.5-to-12.5 inches
- S/M: Calf size 12.5-to-15 inches
- L/XL: Calf size 15 inches and up
Graduated compression features the greatest amount of compression in the part of the garment farthest away from the heart, and the least amount compression in the part closest to the heart (for example, socks have more compression in the ankle and less in the calf). With graduated compression, veins' cross sectional area is decreased and a pressure gradient is created, which leads to physiological benefits including:
- Enhanced blood circulation as a result of improved venous return
- Deoxygenated blood goes back to the heart faster, which in turn helps improve blood flow of oxygen-rich blood back to the body
- Faster recovery following strenuous exercise and improved performance, by aiding in the removal of blood lactate
- Reduced blood lactate concentration during maximal exercise bouts, allowing for an increased lactic threshold for improved performance
- Enhanced warm-up via increases in skin temperature
- Reduced muscle oscillation and vibration upon ground contact, providing stability to the muscle to help prevent micro-trauma, making for a faster and easier recovery
- Reduced effects of delayed onset muscle soreness in the days following strenuous exercise through alleviating swelling and inflammation
- Increased muscle support, which increases performance through improved muscle efficiency
- Improved leg power and vertical jump through enhanced proprioception
Based on the Italian word "senza," meaning "to be without," Zensah was created to help athletes at all levels improve their performance by utilizing unique, seamless sportswear designed to enhance performance and speed recovery. The company's innovative seamless design consists of a breathable, moisture-wicking fabric that draws sweat away from the body, allowing the garment and athlete to stay cool, dry, and light.